For Apple Developers Only.
On July 22 evening, iOS 14 beta 4 for developers was released. The firmware can be installed on
- iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 9 / iPhone SE 2
- 11 Pro/11 Pro Max/11
- XS/XS Max
- 8/8 Plus
- 7/7 Plus
- 6s/6s Plus
- SE (2020)
- iPod touch (7th generation)
How to install iOS 14 beta 4 (instructions for developers)
- If you are an Apple software developer and you have previously installed the previous beta of iOS 13, then go to iPhone in Settings> General> Software Update and click “Download and Install” making sure that the iPhone is connected to WiFi or to high-speed Internet. The firmware weighs about 700MB depending on the iPhone model.
- To do this, log in to developer.apple.com from iPhone in the Safari browser and go to the section Downloads click Install Profile and confirm the permission to install this profile. After that, restart your iPhone and go to Settings> General> Software Update, the latest iOS 14 beta will be waiting for you there. If you don’t have WiFi or high-speed Internet on iPhone, then download the one you need from the same Downloads section on the Apple website in the developer section firmware and update via iTunes.
What’s new in iOS 14 beta 4
- The Share menu system has changed a bit.
- 3D Touch began to work better on those iPhone models where there were problems with this
- How many similar photos hidden in a folder now display new shortcuts
- When sharing photos from Photos, now a new animation. Got better.
- A new option “Change the order of applications” appeared, called up on the iPhone’s desktop via 3D touch
- Read all iOS 14 firmware features in our review.
We do not recommend installing this beta version for ordinary users, and even more so on the main smartphone. For ordinary users there is a public beta. And it’s best to wait for the official release of the firmware. The official release date for iOS 14 is September 2020.