Those taking part in Apple’s beta program can now download iOS 14.3 beta, for the iPad there is iPadOS 14.3 beta. Apple has also released a second beta for watchOS 7.1 and tvOS 14.2.
iOS 14.3 Beta Release Date: November 17
In general, the updates improve the stability and security of the operating systems, but they are still test versions. So if you work productively with your device, you should think twice about installing a beta version on it.
What Apple is improving with the iPhone update
The improvements and bug fixes of iOS 14.3 in detail (quote Apple):
- Fixes an issue where System Search and Searching in Mail, Files, and Notes might not work
- Fixes an issue where photos, links, and other attachments may not appear in the message details
- Fixesan issue where apps may not be able to load content in the background
- Fixes an issue where Mail may not be able to get new email and Exchange accounts don’t include and quote the original message
Preparing the device
Before installing a new operating system, it is important to back up your iPhone. This is necessary in case something goes wrong during the installation, or you decide to rollback to iOS 14 (judging by the first experience with developer beta, many will want to).
On the device itself
- Go to Settings -> Apple ID -> iCloud -> Backup.
- Turn on the toggle switch iCloud Backup and wait for the end.
- We connect the iPhone to the computer via a wire and open iTunes.
- Go to the section with your iPhone at the top of the program.
- In the Automatic copy creation subsection, select This computer.
- Click Create a copy now and wait for the end of the backup.
That’s all, we prepared for the worst. Now you can update.
How To download iOS 14.3 beta
Apple has just released the iOS14.3 / iPadOS 14.3 beta. This gives registered developers the opportunity to work on another preliminary version of the X.2 update. The easiest way to download is “over-the-air”. You call on the iPhone -> Settings -> General -> Software update and initiate the update. The right beta profile is of course required for this.