iPadOS 15 Beta Download. Apple has released the beta version of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15. If you are in the mood for a whole bunch of new functions and are not afraid of possible errors, you can install them immediately. This is of course associated with a certain risk, but hey … If in doubt, it always goes back;) We show you how you can test iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 before the release in autumn.
iPadOS 15 Beta Supported Devices
The iPadOS 15 beta, which has since been split off, is also available for the same devices that already work with iPadOS 14 – the iPad Air 2 from 2014 remains the long-running hit in the tablet sector. İPadOS 15 will be released for these iPad models:
- 12.9 ″ iPad Pro (4th generation)
- 11 ″ iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- 12.9 ″ iPad Pro (3rd generation)
- 11 ″ iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 12.9 ″ iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- 12.9 ″ iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 10.5 ″ iPad Pro
- 9.7 ″ iPad Pro
- (7th generation)
- (6th generation)
- (5th generation)
- Mini (5th generation)
- Mini 4
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Air 2
Before the iPadOS beta: backup and archive
As always, betas are flawed and can drive you crazy – especially in the comparatively early phase. If you find that iOS 15 is annoying you and you want to go back to the stable iOS 14, that’s no problem. But: You should definitely create a backup on your Mac or PC and archive it. On the PC you use iTunes, on the Mac you can now create an iPhone or iPad backup directly in the Finder. As always, the automatic iCloud backups from newer iOS versions are not backwards compatible. Without a locally archived backup, you either have to wait for the final of iOS 15 or set up your iPhone from scratch if you want to revert to the old version.
Download iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 Beta
As soon as the backup of your iDevice has been created and saved, you can start. Since basically nothing has changed for years when installing iOS betas, here are the most important points:
- Open Safari on the iPhone, visit the login page for Apple betas and log in with your Apple ID.
- In the appropriate tab for iOS 15 or iPadOS 15, tap on the link Register your iOS device in the Getting started section.
- Look for the link Load profile under Install your profile, tap it and confirm the installation by selecting Allow.
- Switch to the settings and navigate to General -> Profile. Tap on the beta profile here and tap on Install. Confirms the installation and restarts the iPhone or iPad at the end.
- Now you can look for the beta update to iOS 15. You do this as usual in the settings General -> Software update. The iDevice now automatically lists the current beta version here. If you want to install this, just start the download.
As I said: not everything is running smoothly yet, but the new iOS should be a well-rounded affair typical of Apple by autumn.